Q: How do you determine your rates?
A: We charge per person, per one-way ride:
- 70¢ per kilometer
- $8.40 per minimum ride
- $12.50 per hour wait time (charged in 15-minute slots)
- Parking and bridge tolls will also be charged as necessary
Q: How many vehicles do you have?
A: We have 5 vehicles: 3 wheelchair accessible vans and 2 sedan-style cars. Each of our vehicles is named. Capacities are as follows:
- Roada Rider, Ram Pro-Master, 8 passengers
- Our Gem, Ram Pro-Master, 8 passengers
- Henry Ford, Ford Transit, 7 passengers
- Lancelot, Mitsubishi Lancer, 4 passengers
- Tom Cruze, Chevrolet Cruze, 4 passengers
Q: Do you transport children?
A: Yes, we regularly transport children to and from pre-school, school and after-school programs. We have some car seats, but encourage you to call to confirm availability.
Q: Where does your funding come from?
A: We receive funding from a range of sources, including:
- East Hants Municipality
- Halifax Transit
- Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage
- Department of Municipal Affairs
- Department of Seniors
Q: What can I do to help?
A: We appreciate any support from our community. There are a number of ways you can help the Community Rider:
- Become a Corporate Member
- Apply as a Driver
- Follow us on Facebook and share our posts
- Subscribe to our Newsletter, the Door to Door Reader